Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacationland

Rolling thunder is probably not the best pre-req for a new post, but I'll suppress my rural memories of blown circuits, ruined electrical appliances and power outages. I'm here for y'all. "Here" is actually Colleen and Eric's new house in Derry, New Hampshire. It's lovely--I've already taken pictures of the couch to aid Stephan and I in our hunt for home furnishings. Colleen's off getting her car inspected and I'm packed, organized and waiting for my new mp3 player to charge [for you tech fans out there, I got a creative zen V something or other with 2GB. Don't tell me if it's terrible.]. Anyway, I spent the last two weeks running around doing typically "Maine" things like going to the beach in the rain, not eating lobster and helping my dad paint the house. It's actually been really nice, in hindsight. We did a one-stop-shopping family/neighborhood grill-party at our house, so I got to see everyone there at least once. Highly recommendable, although due to the quantity of people, I had to scale back on the quality of visiting. And Janie working 3 jobs meant that I didn't get to see her as much as I'd've liked. But still, it was great seeing the family, catching up on all the latest whatever (some people call it gossip, others call it news...some call it insanity, you know. Whichever.).

Wow. Rural aside--we have the windows open here, and Colleen's house is on a curve at the start of a road. They'd just tarred the new road and so there are tire marks kind of all over. Some guy in a huge, pimped out truck just ground to a halt and shouts "LOOK AT ALL THE SKIDMARKS!" He then revvs his engine and adds one of his own to the many. I didn't know weather to laugh or shake my head.

Anyway, Colleen's back, with car...which means it's lunchtime.

And time for me to head back to 'Schland.

Peace out hoschis.

No comments: