Thursday, September 20, 2007

Scarlet-bleeping-Fever

So yeah. I'm home on sick leave, again. Apparently I was misdiagnosed the first time by my semi-retired Doc who assumed I guess, that everyone my age has had scarlet fever, otherwise known as Schlarlach. Because it's a normal childhood disease here...or something. And once you've had it, you don't get it again. Am I mistaken, or do American children just not get scarlet fever. Do you know anyone who's ever had it? Parents and Grandparents don't count. My mother is the only person I know who's ever had scarlet freaking fever.

All that aside, I don't feel that bad. I'd been on two different antibiotics by the time the Doc found out what I really had, so at that point, I didn't even have a fever. I'm not really sure I ever did...anyway, the point is, I feel fine and really wretched about putting my boss in a bind. I worked Monday and was fine, then I get the test results from my doctor, who tells me I've been potentially contagious the whole time. Great. So I feel bad about having possibly infected all the kids in the nursery school, but at the same time, I feel like a lazy ass for not working. Well...I am kind of still working. I have my adult ed classes that according to my doctor, I should also not be doing...but if I cancel them, I'd have to make them up at some point, and I don't have time for that. To be honest, it's also a relief to get out of the house for a couple hours a day. Sitting on the couch all day gets old fast.

Anyway, aside from that there's not a whole lot going on. Max's birthday is this weekend, so we're going up to Gross Schwiesow this weekend. I'm hoping I'm 100% by then--I was sick for Max's birthday last year, too. I guess September is just a bad month for me.

So, I hope you all are free of semi-infectious diseases and whatnot. I'm going to get back to my couch and the fourth season of family guy. I'm waiting with baited breath for the seventh season, in the meantime I'm re-watching everything Stephan can find for me on the internet.

Stay healthy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Arrested Development is phenomenal show, in case you're looking for something else to pass the time and haven't seen them yet.