Friday, September 28, 2007

Why my immune system just kind of sucks...

Apparently, my body is just not capable of killing these bacteria. I went back to the doctor yesterday to check in, and although she had to concede that I'm making progress, in Germany you don't normally work as long as you're taking antibiotics. So I'll be home on my duff for another week, folks. I lost count of the MASH episodes I watched yesterday. I mean, I'm still doing my adult ed classes despite being ordered to stay within my own 4 walls by the doc...because after all, I am feeling better and better. My boss is taking the fact that I've worked precisely 6 days this month like a champ. I am slowly adjusting to a life filled with sloth...but am longing for the gym and general freedom of movement with a passion and a vengeance.

The truly awesome part is that scarlet fever is something you can get over and over and over again. Having it once does not guarantee any sort of immunity whatsoever. Great. I'm just hoping that my body has learned something from this. What that should be, I'm not sure. Perhaps how to kill streptococci bacteria? This whole month of rest things isn't all bad, though. I did get to ease into my 5-nights-a-week of adult ed without the added burden of working mornings. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle it when the time comes--or at least, I'm rarin' to try.

If there were other news or related news, I'd share...but really, with all the nothing I've been doing, I pretty much have a whole lot of nothing to write about. Except that I bought some shoes on eBay and I get to go pick them up today. And I got a really cool winter jacket from stephan from this fabulous danish label called redrabbit. Oh those Danes with their chic ladies and their perfect English...


Happy almost-Weekend, y'all. My resolution is to go to yoga on Sunday. After a month of sitting on my ass, I've got to start somewhere.

Kuss.

P.S. I apologize for any grevious spelling errors that might appear in my recent posts. It drives me wacky that I'm apparently losing my touch with the English language and ont op of that, the spell check function this stupid program is on strike. If you figure out what it's demands are, please let me know.

No comments: