Monday, August 28, 2006

Cold Feet

...No seriously, they're freezing. Someone decided to turn off the Summer in Maine, so it's rainy and 50 degrees. With eight days (not counting today) left to go before take off, I've finally decided to get off my ass and file the paperwork for forebearance on my second set of loans. Yes, I'm a silly bitch for not having done it sooner. Is procrastination my way of coping with...everything? Also yes. I think "in other news" is going to become my new slogan. It's such a perfect segue. Ahhem. In other news, my baby sister is now officially a college student. I sat through the president's speech, helped her move in, met her roommate and gave her a parting bottle of Tanqueray. Now comes the worrying. I won't write any more, because I don't want her to read this ever and get embarrassed or indignant, but not having her around is absolutely not the same. The drive to and from Connecticut was lovely, though. And my parents are bearing up relatively well, all things considered. I think it'll really hit them after I head out. Which, as we've discussed, is ridiculously soon.


Things to Do Before Take-off:

-cancel Key Bank account
-submit loan paperwork
-pay visa balance
-get wireless card
-uhhh...PACK
-get whatnot for the Fam
(Max, Angie, Peter, Grandparents, house gift for O-str.)
-visit with Grandparents, Mimi, etc.
-clean


...It seems relatively manageable, but then again, who'm I kidding. I know I'm missing something there. Or some thingS. Like time, mostly, since we're switched over to 12 hour days in bread hell and I have two days off before I leave. Yes, two. In other news, I got a really cute email from my German mentor teacher from last year. She invited me to come visit once I'm back in the Ha-Ro and stay with her. Ohhhh Petra. God love her. One of my students is already in the states for her year as an au pair. I wonder how that's going. Anyway, I think it's time for me to go put some socks on or something. Damn!

No comments: